Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Solo Role-playing: The Lost City of Barakus Part 2 (Labyrinth Lord)

I had some more time today than I expected so I got in a second solo RPG session.  It almost ended in a TPK but I'll get to that below.  I'm really enjoying rolling on random tables, going with "whatever makes the most sense," and just enjoying the various sections of The Lost City of Barakus as a player.  I tend to be the GM so it's a nice change of pace.


The characters were all 3rd level but I'm keeping track of individual XP as I go from here on out.  It's actually been awhile since I even worried about XP but for this it just seems to fit.

I'm using a variety of random tables but I need to get them all into physical format so I don't need to be checking my phone so often which comes with distractions.

The Party:
Driya is an Elf Fighter,
Giladrina is an Elf Fighter / Magic-user,
Marzul is a Half-orc Thief,
Tralina is an Elf Thief,
and Ulfgar is a Dwarf Cleric

I'm using some of the options from Advanced Labyrinth Lord aka the Advanced Edition Companion (AEC).

Randon Encounter: Upon leaving the city Ulfgar had his pockets picked my some wandering merchants.

The group then traveled and ambushed The Greentree Bandits but the tide of battle turned against our intrepid heroes (bad dice rolls).  The leaders actually went down easily but the bandit minions were bloodthirsty jerks haha.  Tralina went unconscious and the rest of the party only had a few hit points at the end.  It was interesting to see how invested I was in having the characters survive.

The characters looted the corpses, stole the available wealth, and went back to Endhome to heal up at the inn while the magic-user spent a week doing magical research at the Wizard Academy to acquire a new spell.

The characters upgraded equipment and their armor and were attacked by a Shadow that drained some Strength from them before they could flee.

Next up was visiting the Temple of Freya and the priest sold some healing potions and gave them a new quest to find a missing priestess.  This was a hook to another adventure supplement so I just rolled up 3 random encounters: Giant Lizard (Gecko), Giant Ants, and an Albino Ape which were all from Labyrinth Lord.  Only the ape proved to be a little trouble by rolling two back to back critical hits. In the end they brought back the priestess to her temple.

The last encounter involved a diseased rat swarm that infected Giladrina thereby making her deaf for the near future.

Next up, more splashing around in raw sewage.





No comments:

Post a Comment