Total Pageviews

Friday, March 12, 2021

Birthright: Designing a Domain from Scratch (AD&D 2nd Edition)

 


In the back of the rulebook in the Birthright AD&D 2nd Edition box set there is a set of guidelines to make a Domain / Kingdom from scratch. I had some time to kill so I whipped one up.

You roll to see what your Regent's Bloodline strength is like normal. I got Great which turned out to be 29. I get 29 + 2D10 Domain Points so I ended up with 37 of those.

I have a Warrior which makes Provinces cheaper (1 point instead of 2). 

Kingdom Name: Karnoth

I decided to go with 8 provinces with the following levels: Serwith 4/0, Vellasht 2/0, Karnell 2/0, Vlelnish 2/0, Xorth 2/0, Bellosh 2/0, Kersh 2/0, and Dorlashtin 1/0. All those zeros are a representation of the lack of magical sources.

I then bought 9 points of Law Holdings, and 1 point of Temples in the capital.

For the terrain I chose Hills and that was free.

I bought 20 gold bars for the starting treasury, 2 levels of castle in my capital, and 16 gold bars worth of Troops (2 archers, 4 infantry, and 2 pikemen).

I should probably add in more temples but I had fun making this.



No comments:

Post a Comment