Total Pageviews

Monday, February 19, 2024

Bestiary Project: Making a Monster Manual from Scratch

*Last Update 3/7/24*

I had some old photo albums that I bought at estate sales and secondhand stores that had some sweet old paper in them. Those pages had a great texture and I've always wanted to make something out of them.


I rough cut two A5 sized sheets from the larger pages, and then trimmed them down with an old school slicer-dicer that I found a few years back. 


After all of that slicing & dicing I got out a marker pen and went to work. I messed up in a few places, but here is my first monster. :)


Here is a weird hopping flightless bird.


I messed up that M. Lol.


Look at this quirky lil goofball monster.


I based the drawing off an old school illustration.


Here is the original: 


Another odd floating sack of nonsense.


Those pseudopods... didn't turn out quite right. Haha.


He never skips antler day...


I saw a Call of Cthulhu image posted a few weeks back that inspired this guy.


My version of the Intellect Devourer.


Apparently a magic-user named Xasu made this disgusting thing...


It's got legs and it forgets how to use them... 


Who needs a decapitation fungus? Lol







4 comments:

  1. I'm loving this Bestiary Project! Your creativity shines through each monster you've crafted. The quirky hopping flightless bird and the odd floating sack of nonsense have such unique charm to them. Even with a few mishaps here and there, your dedication to using those textured paper pages and old-school techniques adds such a cool touch. Keep up the fantastic work! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete