Total Pageviews

Monday, July 27, 2020

Character Generation pt. 1 for The Sword of Cepheus (Fantasy Traveller)


My one gripe with The Sword of Cepheus is that while it seems great for those who are familiar with Traveller it probably is less so for brand new players that are unfamiliar with how it all works.

I want to emphasize that I love the randomness of a lifepath character creation.

I have only ran a few one-shots of Classic Traveller so I put myself into that newbie category.  The tables used for character creation are efficient but a bit jam-packed with info. It leaves me wondering if I'm creating characters correctly or giving them too many bells and whistles (too many skill ranks for instance).

I'm having fun exploring the system with my son however. I need to make some spellcasters to see what the magic system is like as we've only used a Barbarian and a Thief so far.

P.S. Are there any good links out there to helps those new to Traveller and The Sword of Cepheus grok it all?  Thanks.

2 comments: